SpanishPlans on InstagramThe beauty of Latino America! Celebrate #HispanicHeritageMonth with pictures worth a thousand words! 🚪🗝account ➡️➡️@spanishworld1 ⬅️⬅️Perspective through literature! Relevant for #HispanicHeritageMonth or thorough out the whole year for #spanishteachers and #schoollibrarian !Get your students reacting with these rejoinder signs! #spanishclass #spanishbulletinboard #spanishteacher #spanishteacherideas #spanishteachersofinstagram #iteachspanish #teacherspayteachers#spanishteachers #googletranslate#GoogleClassroomHeadersI think I’m going to post pictures of a character from each story we do this year on the top of a bulletin board.
World Language SLO
- How can we go Hispanic heritage month without bringing up a Latina who got us to Mars!! 🌍 🚀 🔴 Comprehensible reader… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Students didn't appreciate my joke today: A student was playing basketball with her friend. They weren't playing "h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- Why you should always read what you wrote before you hit send. “Glad you’re home” got autocorrected to “glad you’re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @PRHSspanish: One of my favorite app-smashes tomorrow with textingstory.com & @edpuzzle embedded into @goformative! 🤩🤩🤩 (🔗 EdPu… 1 day ago
- My own case study agrees! spanishplans.org/2018/07/25/voc… twitter.com/sra_downey/sta… 2 days ago
Category Archives: Culture
In the past, we’ve used our Passport Template to include stamp-able pages in the passport. There are many applications for using this: marking off I-Can-Statements, marking off completion of certain tasks or units of study. Personally, in my classroom, I … Continue reading
You may think that celebrating cinco de mayo in your Spanish class is a fun reward for students at the end of the year to celebrate a year of language learning. But what are dangerous effects? As an educator are … Continue reading
While travel is the best way to broaden your perspective, that may be a bit difficult for our students. We talk about the image below of a man standing on top of a stack of books and being able to … Continue reading
One of our recent posts had some good quotes to use at bulletin board dealing with perspective. Here are a few quotes relating travel and gaining broader perspective on the world.
Did you know there are over 70 National Holidays in Latin America? Did you also know that the most popular one that is taught in schools isn’t even a National Holiday? I’m talking about 5 de Mayo, which is not … Continue reading
Now that our students have their plane tickets, it’s time to make sure they have their travel documents with them! It’s time to have students make their own passport, make sure their VISA is filled out, and carry their ID … Continue reading
First, let me say that the librarian at my school rocks! A few years ago, I approached her about getting my students to read some novels to learn more about the Hispanic culture. She compiled over 60 titles from our … Continue reading
Thank you to all those who have participated so far in our #MoreThanSombreros campaign. Our goal is to celebrate the rich culture of the Mexican community and bring an awareness on how some images may be stereotypical. We choose to … Continue reading