During last week’s first days of school, our blog passed the 4 million total views mark. Wow, what an honor to know that thousands of Spanish teachers around the world have visited our blog. We are truly amazed to see the wide range of countries that our visitors originate from.
We started this blog 8 years ago in November of 2010. We are thankful to those first 82 views we received that month. In one year’s time our reach had grown to 11 thousand in the month of November. This November we expect over 40 thousands page views.
It has been a pleasure to share what I am doing in my classroom, and even those blogs posts that don’t get many hits still allow me to reflect on my own practices, something that I am thankful for. So let’s talk a look back and celebrate, and give our guests a chance to win some prizes.
Some of our most viewed pages:
- We originally posted teacher memes, that we have since moved to their own website, TeacherMemes.com, but our Spanish Chistes are a big hit as well, featuring 20 cheesy Spanglish jokes.
- Originally posted in 2011, this post talks about 6 different Spanish Projects, including our popular Facebook Spanish Profile Project.
- In 2013, we started posting a collection of resources for thematic units, and LA ROPA unit and LA COMIDA unit are the two most visited.
Some of our most participated posts:
- Every year, our post on Why We Don’t Give Spanish Names gets shared on social media and people sure have their opinions. It’s why it’s our most commented post.
- One of my favorite things all year is the March Music competition, where hundreds of teachers joined us in our 2018 March Music Madness challenge. While thousands of teachers across the US now do their own tournament, it was THIS POST on this blog in 2014 that set the waves in motion. This may be our single biggest impact in Spanish classrooms across the US.
- Other posts that sparked discussions with comments include our take on Cinco de Mayo (2011) as well as Attributes of Effective WL teachers (2014).
Ok, so let’s get to the fun part. What does this celebration mean for you? Well, to celebrate we are giving away the following prizes:
1) $30 worth of products from our store on TeachersPayTeachers
2) Our new WL Timed Writing Student Growth Objective product (valued at $12)
3) A $10 Gift Certificate to TeachersPayTeachers
All you have to do is TWEET #SpanishPlans4Million WITH a link to one of our blog posts. Double your entry when you comment on that blog post. (Maximum 1 post PER day)
This contest will end
next Wednesday Sept 5, 11:59pm CT, which gives you 9 days to tweet, so you each have a maximum of 18 entries.
Edit: We have extended this to last a whole month. All entries through Sept 28 will now be eligible. We will annouce winners on Saturday, Sept 29.