Hey ya’ll. We are super excited to annouce that we have finished the bracket for our 2018 edition of March Musica Madness. This year is going to be the best year yet. While we know this idea has probably been done for many years by classroom teachers, we feel like the “Dad” of this idea in the blogosphere/social media world. Several years ago, we posted about a tournament of songs during March Madness and are thrilled to see this idea take off across classrooms nationwide. We would love to have you continue to participate with the original March Music Madness. VOTE HERE
What’s the same?
- 16 songs from different genres
- Different musical genres
- Lyrics to all songs provided
- 17 activities to use with the songs
- Songs that are school appropriate (We don’t include any songs/videos that are overtly sexual, misogynistic, or deal with drugs, alcohol, or otherwise bad behavior)
- Current songs that have been released since last March
- An online poll for students and teachers to vote
- A google drive where teachers can share specific activities
For the full bracket, see below:
You are welcome to use our bracket. If you want to start planning ahead with the lyrics, and using 17 different activites, as well as rating sheets, you can purchase the entire bundle here.
Stay tuned as we will be sharing more as we inch closer to March.