This year provides Spanish teachers an opportunity that hasn’t happened ever and will likely not happen again… the world’s biggest sporting event will take place during the school year. Normally taking place in the summer, the controversial decision to host the soccer tournament in Qatar forced an unprecedented change of dates.
With the tournament kicking off November 20, 2022, we are less than 90 days away. It’s a perfect opportunity to have your students follow along with the World Cup, research teams, and learn about its history. And we have that all prepared for you in our Copa Mundial 2022: Qatar World Cup lesson.
This product contains an editable document with:
- Infographic of past World Cup Finals (both in Spanish and English)
- Information about the tournament (both in Spanish and English)
- Comprehension Questions (in English and Spanish)
- A Spanish text: “7 cosas sobre Catar 2022”
- A research section for students to look up information about a team
- A map with list of the 32 participating countries for students to label
The tournament takes place from November 20, 2022 and runs through December 18th and features 6 Spanish Speaking Countries:
- Costa Rica
- Estados Unidos
How do you plan to talk about the World Cup in your classes this year? If you are interested in collaborating, join our Facebook group: “Copa Mundial 2022: profes de español”
If you like this resource, don’t forget to share it or Re-pin it.