We will be compiling links and resources here for using iPads in the Spanish class.
*While we thought “dinero” was a well known Spanish word in English, most students nowadays seem to think it means “dinner”. ¡Ay caramba!
If students are going to be using iPads in class, they are going to need some necessary vocabulary in order to follow directions:
Students need more terms? We wrote a whole post with technology words.
Posts on iPads:
- Doll House iPad App: Teaching La Casa unit? Students learning prepositions of location words? This app is a very engaging lesson for students.
- Univision Apps: Getting students to explore Spanish articles that are of particular interest to them.
- Participation Apps: Apps for iPod or iPad to keep track of student participation. Compares and reviews 3 different apps.
- Educreating Spanish Cooking Videos: Using Educreations to create video-tutorial on making Hispanic food recipes
La Casa de mis Sueños iPad Project: Blog post by Profesora McLellan about students creating a dream house and giving a tour.
- Cat Spanish : Suffer through some terrible cat puns and learn about how this app uses cat pictures to teach Spanish phrases.
- Apps for Practicing Vocabulary: Two apps to create vocabulary visual lists.
- Make Dice app: Blog post from Teaching Spanish w/Comprehensible Input blog on this free app.
- SnapGuide App: Using an app to take pictures and add text to put together a short visual guide.
- “Digitally Speaking“: a presentation by Ritzy Language at the 2012 ACTFL Conference with many great resources to ‘enhance speaking in the foreign language classroom’ using technology.
- Teaching Spanish w/Comprehensible Spanish has a ton of posts with ideas on using apps.