If you aren’t convinced you need to incorporate reading, just listen to the students. Here’s what mine said about FVR.
(1-4 minutes each)
- FVR Introduction
- Creating your own FVR Booklets
- Creating a glossary for texts
- Printing your own booklets
- FVR accountability and ratings
- FVR recommendations
- Using MovieTalks as FVR readers
- Using student created comics in your FVR
- Building your FVR library for free
FVR with Audiobooks: A blog post about using the audiobooks along with the text.
How to create and print your own glossary: Have a great book that doesn’t include a reader. Make a book more comprehensible for your students by giving them a glossary of necessary vocabulary.
Making Children’s Books more comprehensible: You might not need a full glossary, so here’s an easy way to create a one page glossary for texts.
RECOMMENDATIONS: Check out our recommendations of readers for novice students plus what authentic children’s books are comprehensible for language learners? We also link a great series for Intermediate students.