Here’s a fun activity to culminate at the end of the year or to begin the year with a review. (See also, Animal Unit) Have your students create they very own Superhero. They can describe the superhero in the target language. Students can even create their own trading card and write in the following information:
Buy our ready to use unit that comes with a list of essential superhero vocabulary plus a template for the trading card.
With superhero movies being a big hit (such as Avengers, and X-Men) especially among boys, use that interest to connect with your kids and get them excited about coming to class.
Other ideas to incorporate superheroes in class:
- Find movie posters in Spanish.
Take a page out of a comic book, white out the dialogue and have students create their own dialogue
- Have students create their own comic strip.
- Have students write a summary of their favorite movie.
- Create a dialogue between characters in a movie.
- Add your own ideas in the comments below and share with our readers.