At a mall in Quito, Ecuador, the shopping center featured a campaign to promote Dia de la Madre y Dia del Padre with the concept of you better buy your parents something nice because of all they know about you. Below are the images displayed all over the mall. You can use these authentic images as a way to show vocabulary (brackets=braces) or grammar (preterite, imperfect) or as a starter for a class activity where students come up with their own “poster” of what their parents know about them.
SpanishPlans on InstagramI love the creativity this students used designing this project on Brandon Brown dice la verdad with a cracked phone screen.#Stereotypes Cultural appreciation or cultural appropriation? #spanishclass #spanishteachers #masquesombreros #morethansombrerosIt’s true!What do you do to mess with students?Dilo dilo #jaja #chiste #spanish #spanishmemes #iteachspanishaudio Trimmer use the “tempo change” to slow down an audio.
World Language SLO
- Like… People know that undocumented workers can’t vote, right? 20 hours ago
- Just updated: "A Las Tres" Enanitos Verdes Immigration Song and Story, perfect companion to novel Esperanza teacherspayteachers.com/Product/A-Las-… 21 hours ago
- Feel so appreciated by TeachersPayTeachers surprise this morning. Spoiler: it was a "pep talk". https://t.co/u43FVvkcsA 1 week ago
- I love that this song incorporates Quecha, an official language of Peru. And Great message. youtu.be/sRVTd1vuEhI 2 weeks ago
- RT @Prof_F_Henshaw: #langchat Not everything from the input is noticed. Not everything that is noticed is processed. Not everything that… 3 weeks ago