At a mall in Quito, Ecuador, the shopping center featured a campaign to promote Dia de la Madre y Dia del Padre with the concept of you better buy your parents something nice because of all they know about you. Below are the images displayed all over the mall. You can use these authentic images as a way to show vocabulary (brackets=braces) or grammar (preterite, imperfect) or as a starter for a class activity where students come up with their own “poster” of what their parents know about them.
SpanishPlans on InstagramGotta start reading!I bought this book in Colombia and I feel like a lot of my students would be able to understand most of it because it is filled with common, HIGH-FREQUENCY words, which is what I base my level one class on. #CIworks #languageacquisition #spanishclass #spanishteacher #spanishtribePreterite and imperfect is a vehicle, not a destination. Use them in context and students will pick them up with explicitly studying the rules. And no, you do not need to wait until level 2 to start using them. Use them when appropriate. Past tense does not come after present tense. #languageacquistion #langchat #CIworksWriting samples during our Esperanza novel unit, post-watching of los enamores verdes song “a las tres”. #immigration #spanishclass #spanishteacher #CIworks#Spanishteachers #spanishclassA cute idea from our admins for #teacherappreciationweek
World Language SLO
- Accomplished. Proud. and Good. That's how my students FEEL because they can read a novel entirely in Spanish. #FVR… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- Why having a variety of books is important in FVR: I asked my students to list their TOP 2 books during #FVR. 50 di… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- In a survey, I asked students if they would like having sticker for (difficultly) level on our #FVR and most respon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- Download it while it's free! Use now or save for later! twitter.com/spanishplans/s… 1 day ago
- Wow! People are really getting intense on arguing about 2 little words. facebook.com/16753891327098… 1 day ago